Sounds Of Silence
Meditation Teacher Training
Go placidly among the noise and haste, remember what peace there is in silence….Desiderata
What is Meditation?
Meditation is the settling of the mind into silence. The simple act of quieting down. When we experience this silence we experience our true nature, our true selves.
Our Program (75) hours
The Sounds Of Silence meditation and mindfulness teacher training program consists of 75 hours of training in the theory, science, teaching, and practice of meditation and mindfulness. A consciousness-based program that incorporates mantra meditation techniques as well as mindfulness exercises.
The Study Module includes:
- Understanding The Role of The Instructor
- Preparing a Basic Meditation Course
- The History Of Meditation
- Meditation and the Brain
- The Mantra Effect
- Techniques to Continue your Practice
- Mindfulness Here & Now – Exercises in maintaining mindfulness
The Teacher Training Intensive curse will be held over one weekend a month over 4 months (18 hours per week end where you will deepen your practise, experience gentle yoga, and practice teaching meditation. Some memorization is required.
Weekend hours would be:
- Friday night: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Lunches on your own – 1 Hour
- May 25-27
- June 22-24
- July 27-29
- Aug 24-26
You will participate in:
- Teaching a gentle yoga class
- Leadership Coaching – How to present and ask the right questions
- One-On-One personal Instruction
- Teaching Meditation to Each Other
Cost: $995 plus tax Includes BinderBuy Now
Prerequisite: Sounds Of Silence Meditation Course which will be held one day before the Teacher Training Course. Thursday May 24- 9-5 Cost $250 or any of the upcoming Sounds Of Silence Meditation Courses.
Stephen Joyce is a registered E-RYT with Yoga Alliance.
Trainings with Stephen Joyce are eligible for Continuing Education Credits with Yoga Alliance